Halloween just seemed to sneak up on us pretty quickly for whatever reason. We had costumes ready long ago, but then time dragged on until all of a sudden, it was the night before! We were frantically finishing up goody bags and gathering all the pieces of our costumes that were strewn around the whole house! As far as Halloweens go, it was pretty crummy. It was raining pretty constantly throughout the day, so the Halloween parades all got cancelled. It did let up a bit during actual trick or treating time, but it was still wet and yucky; we didn't get many trick-or-treaters.
Juliana forgot her costume at Goddard in the morning when the bus left for school, so she didn't have one for her school party:( I seriously think it affected ME 500% more than her. She didn't seem to care, and thankfully, her teacher thought on her feet and was able to come up with a plan B (thanks Mrs. Webber!!). Juliana was wearing a Halloween outfit and tutu already, so Mrs. Webber dug out some pom pons (from where???) and turned her into a cheerleader. I'm STILL feeling sad about the whole thing though.
The kids both had parties at school, and Grandma and Grandpa G. were able to join all 3 grandchildren at Goddard to help celebrate since Joe and I couldn't make it!
The kids costumes were super cute, and I believe they will get much more use in the year to come. In the days leading up to Halloween, when you asked Connor what he was going to be, he would have told you "a fire TRUCK!" This is because I was making him a fire truck out of a cardboard box to go with hi fireMAN costume, but he just was excited about the truck (which turned out ADORABLE since my super crafty art teacher ended up doing it for me after I asked her for a suggestion...she just couldn't resist!) Too cute:)
Now things are packed away and we'll move on to the next holiday...Juliana's birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment