First, the invitations....
I looked all around for different inspiration and then came up with this...
Then came the difficulty of handing them out! Since most of the girls were friends from school, I didn't have addresses. Nor would the school release them or let her hand them out at school. Uh....ok, HOW are people supposed to do this then? We have no directory. So it's a good thing I started early! Juliana had to write down everyone's last names. Then I tried to find potential families that live in our school zone. Then I tried having Juliana ask the girls their phone number or address, but that didn't work well. I sent notes for her to give the girls then with my email for them to contact me with their addresses. THAT finally worked! Then, there was another invitation catastophe. I had some envelopes "addressed" with girl's names but no address yet, and left them sitting on the counter. I asked Juliana to put 2 fully addressed ones in the mailbox, but later discovered that she took them ALL! They were lost then since there there was no return address or deliverable address. Thank goodness I ordered enough to send again (just barely!)
Of course, I spent many days and nights getting ideas, making decorations, finding (and making) favors, and making all kinds of rainbow yumminess:) But everything went perfectly! The girls had a blast, and it was a relatively calm party:)
(the Rainbow Magic books that inspired it all:)
Once most of the girls arrived, they had to go on a treasure hunt to help all the party fairies find their missing items or risk Jack Frost and his evil goblins ruining all our party fun! Once everything was found, Juliana read a "spell" and all the girls used their wands to ward off Jack Frost forever!
The checklist with rainbow pencils
Jasmine the present Fairy's missing present
Honey the candy fairy's missing candy
Melodie the music fairy's missing CD
Polly the party fun fairy's missing party bag
Cherry the cake fairy's missing candle
Grace the glitter fairy's missing glitter
Phoebe the fashion fairy's missing halo
With the party saved, the girls set to work painting and decorating fairy houses. (I think they could have done this for over an hour, had I let them!)
Sarah and Lily
Abby and Mia
Matilda, Juliana and Maddy
Grace, Maddie and Verona
Bella and Grace
Then, after all their hard work, they needed some party food. Pizza, rainbow fruit wands, Froot Loop treats, rainbow marshmallow pops, pixie stix, rainbow goldfish, and funfetti cake batter dip all helped raise their spirits again! Oh yes, and the rainbow "fruit barrels" that Juliana insisted upon!
Next, the girls transformed themselves into fairies by donning wings, colored hair pieces and halos.
(I wish I had thought to get a picture of all of them!)
even these 2 little stinkers got in on the fairy action:)
I asked Connor to go grab a garbage bag on the counter near the garbage can....well, he DID follow directions I guess:) A true garbage man at heart!
Then, it was time for cake and ice cream! It was a good thing that the girls were able to keep the party fun. Our white cake was "magically" transformed into a rainbow when it was sliced open! We even had rainbow striped ice cream with it:)
the beginnings....6 different layers!
looking pretty boring now...
Ahhhh...the magic inside!!!!!
I think these 2 approved:)
As each girl left with an armful of stuff (wings, wand, halo, fairy house), she was presented with these cutesy little fairy favor boxes. Inside were a fairy necklace and a bit of fairy dust.
Thanks to everyone for making Juliana's birthday so memorable. It was fun getting to know all the new friends in her life:)
.jpg)
1 comment:
An absolute great time! Well done Beth! My wee ones are still wearing their wings and flying around the house!
Post a Comment