The Filapek Family

The Filapek Family

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pre-K graduation

How can it be that Juliana is done with preschool?  Today was her Pre-K graduation, and I have to say it's kind of emotional!  It's sad to be leaving the school that has become so much a part of our life for the past 5 1/2 years!  The ceremony was really special.  Her teachers had put together a slideshow of pictures from throughout the year.  Then the kids performed quite a few songs and then they "graduated" and received their diploma.  Grandma and Grandpa Giese were there to celebrate with us. 


 


 







 The grad!


 My buddy Tyler



 My awesome teachers, Ms. Cari and Ms. Michele



my home away from home for the past 5 1/2 years

This is the gift that I organized from the whole class.  Each child wrote a page for a book.  Then parents donated money and we made a gift card basket.  The basket has the teacher's name on the front and "thanks for helping us grow" on the back.  Each child's picture was glued to a flower.  I collected enough money to get 5 $50 gift cards for each teacher!!  It turned out super cute:)

This is the gift that Juliana gave each classmate, along with a copy of the book they made for the teachers. (side note: I HAD bought 20 copies of 'Twas The Night Before Kindergarten for each of her friends, but they are completely MIA!  We have spent the past week searching every corner of the house for them without success!)  What a bummer.

No comments: