The Filapek Family

The Filapek Family

Thursday, August 1, 2013

10 Years

It's so hard to believe it's been 10 years since Joe and I said "I do."  But July 25 marked our 10 year anniversary.  The night before, we celebrated a little with a gondola ride in Venice.  It was one of the most romantic things we've ever done and well with the outrageous price!

We couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate than in Cinque Terre, Italy.  Cinque Terre is a group of 5 seaside fishing villages set among the rocky, hilly coast along the Liguian Sea and is absolutely beautiful.  After arriving at our apartment (with a view of the sea!), we strolled into "town" for a nice dinner overlooking the sea.  It was some of the best food we had while in Italy!  Later, while sitting on our balcony, Joe told me if he had to put a ring on my finger all over again, he would and then proceeded to get down on one knee and give me a ring!  WHAT??? We had been joking about it in Florence as I gazed at all the jewelery shops lining the Ponte Vecchio.  I had even found one for $.50 in a shop in Venice and told him he should buy it for me. It caught me totally by surprise (and unfortunately, since I thought he was kidding around, I  laughed!!!) Until I realized that the ring was real! After 13 years, he's still finding ways to surprise me (which of course I love, but it also means I "lose" because I didn't know!!)   But it's a moment I will always carry with me forever.   If I had to do it all over again, I'd say YES:) 

oh, and there was another surprise waiting for me at home too!  I think all my Pinterest-ing is making its way to him, after all!!  How super cute and thoughtful.  Juliana even said, "good job, Daddy!"  Heart maps of the places that we met, married, live and celebrated (along with a totally outdated picture from when we were dating...might have to change that one, ha!) 



Happy anniversary, Joe!  Here's to another 10 years.  Where will we go next....

No comments: