About 15 minutes before arriving, I got the following text....It made me super worried, so Joe called from home to inquire. It turns out that hotels.com overbooked the hotel and now we had no place to stay!!!! I can't believe that stuff actually happens. And WHY was I finding out about it at 7:00 at night the evening of my reservation?!!! Long story short. (in reality, Joe and I both spent 2 hours on the phone and lots and lots of negotiating) ....we eventually found an alternate place to stay. It wasn't perfect, but we made it work.
In the morning, we hit the pool before heading out to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. The museum had some neat things. Their big featured exhibit was a whole outdoor sports complex. Connor tried to be patient to wait while we explored some other areas first. Unfortunately, an unexpected storm rolled in and they CLOSED the attraction!!!! He was so sad and crabby. I felt awful. We hung around hoping the storm would pass and they would re-open it. They did eventually, but he only had about 20 minutes before the museum closed. He spent it on the baseball field.
A quick dinner before we had to say goodbye. If you look closely, you will see Juliana's finger swelling up. She bumped it on the table on our way out and it swelled up immediately and she was in a lot of pain! We thought she might need to go to the ER on the way home. She made it and Joe took her in the next morning. Just a sprain, but caused her pain for several days.
We sure loved our time with Ashley and Penelope and wished it could have been longer!!!!! Love you girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment