The Filapek Family

The Filapek Family

Monday, June 27, 2011

Tornado Trouble

This past week we had a few intense storms whip through the area.  On Tuesday (the night Joe happens to work), I had just gotten both kids to bed when our sirens started going off.  Thankfully, I had about 5 min warning from my dad.  So.....instead of enjoying a few minutes of peace and quite after a crazy evening, I had to wake the kids up (ugh) and haul them downstairs.  I expected Juliana to go into hysterics but she was very calm.  (Granted, I didn't really explain what was going on, just that it was storming and that we should go to the basement to be safer!) Both kids thought it was the best thing in the world to be downstairs when they were supposed to be sleeping.  Honestly, although Connor could not have a clue, he was smiling and laughing the whole time! Anyways, we could hear things flying around on our deck, so I wondered if we might actually GET a tornado. Thankfully, everything was fine and we had no damage although a tornado did touch down in a nearby city.    AND...as another happy ending to this story, we were able to return upstairs after about 40 minutes, and I was able to get them both back to sleep without any problems at all!! Here are a couple pics of the happy kids during the evening:)



No comments: